Creating a Virtual Presence using Social Networking Sites-
The world is split into two diverse types thanks to technology. There is the physical world and then there is also the virtual world. As part of the virtual world, many computer and smart phone users create a virtual presence on various social networking sites.
There are some basics that social network newbies and veterans need to understand. These tips can be applied to professional, personal, and even business accounts.
- Protect yourself. Honesty is the best policy, but use common sense. Limit the amount of information posted to personal pages. When creating a page for a business make sure that information is accurate.
- Use creativity. Sites such as Facebook and Pinterest are designed to allow for creativity.
- Keep in mind that people of all ages use these sites. Create a virtual presence that is as acceptable to teenagers as it is to older family members. When creating a virtual business presence ensure that all pictures and information posted is welcoming to your entire target audience.
- Limit the use of automatic posting tools. Understand the guidelines that come with these special programs so that you do not run into any issues. Try to avoid using these tools on personal profiles.
- Create professional profiles using LinkedIn and Google+ to attract potential business. These profiles should resemble a small version of your resume. Remember you want to stand out above the crowd, but you need to be honest.
Please contact us for more information on creating a virtual presence on social networking sites.